Bilingual Patient Care Representative (Spanish)
As a Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with VGM Homelink one must be fluent in Spanish and like to interact with a variety of individuals over the telephone to support their need for information about products and services, provide resolution to a problem and to ensure satisfaction. A Bilingual PCC will be responsibilities for gathering information such as prescribed medical needs, insurance coverage, document complaints, resolve grievances and collect payments. Additional duties include the coordination and delivery of a full spectrum of durable medical equipment, orthotics and prosthetics, medical supplies, transportation services and home care services. In this role individuals will be working with patients and caregivers, healthcare professionals, DMEPOS providers and insurance companies all while ensuring the patient receives the highest standard of care. High-quality standards and timeliness are crucial to success in this role. This position is fast-paced and ever changing; individuals with high energy and passion for exceeding expectations are encouraged to apply.
Hours: Full time; 10am-7pm Monday – Friday. This position requires on-call duties throughout the year, additional compensation and/or flex time provided for on-call weeks.
Compensation: Hourly paid position.
The Patient Care Coordinator will be well compensated and have opportunities for growth within VGM. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, one will have the opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities.
Duties of the Job and Key Responsibilities:
As a Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator, it is expected that a PCC gathers all necessary insurance information and approvals as well as medical documentation needed to complete the coordination of services. This is a fast-paced position with urgent deadline requiring strong personal drive and commitment to success. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Keep notes of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Coordinating and communicating with our Spanish speaking customers regarding services or equipment that they need. Must be fluent in both spoken and written Spanish.
- Resolve customers’ complaints timely and appropriately follow up with clients to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Determine charges services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Obtain relevant information to complete referral.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services or product.
- Provide ongoing status updates of referral progress.
- Coordinate and negotiate the delivery of medical equipment and service.
- Review insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular item is covered by insurance or authorization in hand.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Follows strict HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Availability for after hours on-call.
- Must comply with continuing education per company or accreditation mandate.
- Excellent communication skills to keep all parties informed of order status; keeps timely and accurate notes of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Answers telephone, email and faxes timely; takes messages as needed providing answers to questions from patients, staff, and insurance companies.
- Participates in educational activities.
Qualified candidates must have experiences relevant to the job to demonstrate their ability as a self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skill. They must have the ability to forge relationship with colleagues and customers both internally and externally, built on reliability, trust and respect and they must be bilingual – fluent in Spanish and English written and verbal communication.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced customer service role.
- Adept critical thinking skills.
- Proven attention to detail, follow-through skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Flexible with the ability to routinely adapt to change.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Competence to understand, analyze and interpret insurance claims.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Proficient with computers.
- Sitting at desk, standing, walking in office and throughout facility.
- Operation of office machinery and equipment.
- Visual abilities to include reading, distance vision and peripheral vision.
VGM Group, Inc., based in Waterloo, Iowa, is the national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The solutions vary by industry, but include some of the following: group purchasing power of vendor and manufacturer products and services, business insurance solutions, website development and online marketing, online education, government lobbying. -VGM specializes in everything a business needs to succeed in today's marketplace.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800 employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, Ga.; Overland Park, Kan.; Dade City, Fla.; Coralville, Iowa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada). The VGM Group has been recognized multiple times as a Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register; most recently VGM was awarded Iowa’s #1 Large Employer Workplace for 2015.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be
inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate.