Commercial Insurance Agent/Producer 2-2017
As a commercial insurance agent, one’s primary role is to secure new business, build the service offerings with new and existing clients and foster those relationships in support of VGM Insurance. Candidate must be highly motivated with a commitment to accomplishing goals and objectives -as crucial to success in this role. A qualified insurance agent is a positive contributor with strong listening and communication skills and is able to relate to our customers both over the phone and in person to make insurance easy to understand. This is a high-pressure, fast-paced position with the need for a high level of organizational skills. Regular travel will be required.
Reports to: VGM Insurance Vice President of Sales and Marketing:
Hours: Full-Time: Monday – Friday 8-5 PM+
Working Location: Waterloo, IA
Responsibilities/Duties of the Job
- Market all applicable coverages to prospective Home Medical, Home Health, and Non-Emergency Medical Transport providers and networks across the U.S.
- As necessary, renew insurance policies upon policy expiration dates; obtain information to determine coverage changes and/or requirements, determine premium charges, and bind coverage with our carrier partners.
- Prepare and provide information to insureds using effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- Building professional relationships by communicating with our insureds and meeting mutually desired objectives.
- Following-up with prospects and insureds on a regular basis.
- Coordinate new sales efforts within the division to achieve cross-selling opportunities and division goals.
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent 3+ years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Commercial Insurance License highly preferred – if not currently held or expired upon employment candidate is required to become licensed and pass all applicable exams.
- Must show success in prospecting and sales; performance examples requested.
- Strong communication and people skills; client relationship focused.
- Ability to work well in both individual and team work environments.
- Adept at prioritizing work deadlines.
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The VGM Group, is within the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa and has a company culture like no other.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800+ employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, Ga.; Overland Park, Kan.; Dade City, Fla.; Coralville, Iowa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Morristown, NJ.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
The VGM Group is one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa, 100% employee owned, and has a company culture like no other. As an employee of the VGM Group, Inc. one has the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization. In doing so, the right person will see the opportunity for personal and professional growth and take the appropriate steps to make that happen for their benefit.
VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned. As an employee of VGM individuals receive
Gifted Employee Stock Ownership,
401k with up to 3% company match,
Health Benefits - single to family, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability etc.,
PTO (Paid Time Off),
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate