Claims Administrative Assistant
The Claims Administrative Assistant role is dedicated to completing administrative tasks in the office setting working specifically in general liability, products/completed operations, professional liability and Medicare surety bonds for DMEPOS claims. Commitment to high-quality customer service is crucial to success in this role. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner who demonstrates an excellent work ethic, pays close attention to detail to ensure that reports, correspondence and databases are accurate and exercises effective problem-solving skills. You must also be able to follow instructions and adhere to deadlines.
Reports to: VP of Claims
Hours: Full-Time: Monday – Friday 8-5 PM+
Working Location: Waterloo, IA
Responsibilities/Duties of the Job
Putting the client needs first is deeply rooted in our culture and at the core of everything we do. In providing excellent service one will:
Prioritize work to ensure all deadlines are met with the highest customer service standards.
- Serve as quality control point to ensure that all calls, paperwork, policy and procedures for customer requests have been adhered to.
- Ensuring claims are processed accurately and efficiently is crucial to satisfying clients.
- Process and follow up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts.
- Maintain the onsite client files to ensure their proper organization.
- Claims Check Request – These are payments to local defense counsel, court reports, medical records, mediators, experts, etc. A W-9 must be obtained if we do not have one in our system already for each entity to be paid. There is a Wednesday noon deadline to get all check requests completed, approved and submitted to accounting for processing.
- Submits administrative reports as required.
High School diploma required; Associates or Bachelor's Degree is preferred. 1-2 years of administrative and operations experience in the insurance and or financial services industry is preferred or a college degree in this area.
MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point proficiency to produce professional documents.
- General mathematics to sufficiently process account and transaction information.
- Professional appearance and demeanor that inspires confidence and trust.
- Work ethically and with integrity, including maintaining client and firm confidentiality.
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor with calm, pleasant & business-appropriate phone manners.
- Verbal communication skills to communicate ideas and thoughts in a clear, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly as well as work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills to prioritize and complete work efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail with a perfectionist's eye.
- "Team Player" mindset and doing whatever is needed, big or small.
- Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber.
- Willingness to learn and succeed!
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The VGM Group, is within the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa and has a company culture like no other.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800+ employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, Ga.; Overland Park, Kan.; Dade City, Fla.; Coralville, Iowa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Morristown, NJ.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
The VGM Group is one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa, 100% employee owned, and has a company culture like no other. As an employee of the VGM Group, Inc. one has the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization. In doing so, the right person will see the opportunity for personal and professional growth and take the appropriate steps to make that happen for their benefit and that of The VGM Group.
VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned. As an employee of VGM individuals receive
- Gifted Employee Stock Ownership,
- 401k with up to 3% company match,
- Health Benefits - single to family, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability etc.,
- PTO (Paid Time Off),
- Paid holidays.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate