Title: Helpdesk II
Division: VGM IT
We are seeking a Help Desk Technician at our corporate office in Waterloo, IA. The position will provide the timely delivery of high quality Level 1 and Level 2 services & support to all internal and external clients.
Reports to: Bruce Bockenstedt
Hours: Full-Time: Monday – Friday 8-5 PM+ (additional hours as needed)
Working Location: VGM Main Campus, Waterloo, IA.
Responsibilities/Duties of the Job
· Provide laptop and desktop PC support for on and off site users with equipment running Windows operating systems integrated with Active Directory.
· Provide exceptional customer service and Helpdesk support via phone, email and in person for end users of equipment described above, including support of various in-house applications.
· Provide PC system image creation, maintenance and troubleshooting supporting Windows 10.
· Install and test computer equipment including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, monitors, memory, cabling, and accessories.
· User account and email creation utilizing Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
· Diagnosis and resolution of all PC support issues including but not limited to hardware failures, operating system errors, software compatibility issues, printing issues, and network connectivity.
· Identify and escalate complex problem reports or service requests to next tier of support as appropriate.
· Complete work order tickets, including ticket creation at the time of initial problem report/service request, status documentation of open work orders, and proactively informing users of progress.
· Provide conference room support including but not limited to troubleshooting A/V equipment, assisting initial setup of meetings utilizing WebEx and Zoom.
· Provide assistance with the relocation and implementation of user IT equipment.
· Meet service request SLAs and project timelines.
· Knowledge of ticketing system Service Desk Plus.
· Update and monitor incoming tickets, update assigned tickets and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
· Work with other team members to ensure the timely completion of complex issues.
· Provide support for other company issued equipment such as cell phones, tablets, etc.
· Provide Support for Windows Web Environment, including staging and deploying of websites.
· Understanding of DNS
· Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and products provided by IT.
· Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in areas of end-user support and maintenance of PC hardware and software in a Windows environment.
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours.
· Must be organized, have attention to detail, and be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems.
· Proficiency with both using and maintaining MS Office suites.
· General understanding and experience with general TCP/IP connectivity issues
· Ability to work with end users with varying levels of technical experience.
· Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
· Available for periodic on-call and after-hours support including weekends.
· Ability to work independently with general supervision.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
· General office environment
· Business casual
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· AAS Computer / Network degree in IT related field or equivalent work experience.
· 2 yrs. experience
· Excellent soft skills desired
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The VGM Group is within the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa and has a company culture like no other.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800+ employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, GA.; Overland Park, KS.; Dade City, FL.; Coralville, IA; Scottsdale, AZ.; Morristown, NJ.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada). The Des Moines Register has recognized the VGM Group multiple times as a Top Workplaces in Iowa.
As an employee of the VGM Group, Inc., one has the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization. In doing so, the right person will see the opportunity for personal and professional growth and take the appropriate steps to make that happen for their benefit and that of The VGM Group.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate.