10am-7pm Patient Care Coordinator
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
As a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with VGM Homelink one will be responsibilities for the verification of insurance coverage and the coordinate and delivery of a full spectrum of durable medical equipment, orthotics and prosthetics, medical supplies and home care services. In this role individuals will be working with healthcare professionals, DMEPOS providers and insurance companies all while ensuring patients receive the highest standard of care. Commitment to in-depth knowledge of our insurance carrier contracts and expectations, as well as high-quality standards and timeliness are crucial to success in this role. This position is fast-paced and ever changing; individuals with high energy and passion for exceeding expectations are encouraged to apply.
The Patient Care Coordinator will be well compensated and have opportunities for growth within VGM. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, one will have the opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities.
Compensation: Hourly paid position. Benefits offered include, but not limited to: Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week Monday – Friday 10am-7pm. This position requires week-long on call commitments for a minimum of 4 times/year, additional compensation and/or flex time provided for on-call weeks.
Duties of the Job and Key Responsibilities:
As a Patient Care Coordinator for DMEPOS, nursing services and transportation, it is expected that a PCC gathers all necessary insurance information and approvals as well as medical documentation needed to complete the coordination of services. This is a fast-paced position with urgent deadline requiring strong personal drive and commitment to success. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Verify or obtain benefits/authorization for items or services needed.
- Coordinate the delivery of medical equipment or services.
- Knowledge of contract specific guidelines.
- Identifies and resolves service issues.
- Follows strict HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensure orders are setup with accurate codes, quantity, and pricing.
- Availability for after hours on-call.
- Must comply with continuing education per company or accreditation mandate.
- Excellent communication skills to keep all parties informed of order status; keeps timely and accurate notes of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Answers telephone, email and faxes timely; takes messages as needed providing answers to questions from patients, staff, and insurance companies.
- Participates in educational activities.
Qualified candidates must have experiences relevant to the job to demonstrate their ability as a self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skill. They must have the ability to forge relationship with colleagues and customers both internally and externally, built on reliability, trust and respect.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced customer service role, preferable in the healthcare field.
- Adept critical thinking skills.
- Proven attention to detail, follow-through skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Flexible with the ability to routinely adapt to change.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Competence to understand, analyze and interpret insurance claims.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Proficient with computers.
- Sitting at desk, standing, walking in office and throughout facility.
- Operation of office machinery and equipment.
- Visual abilities to include reading, distance vision and peripheral vision.
VGM Group, Inc., based in Waterloo, Iowa, is the national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The solutions vary by industry, but include some of the following: group purchasing power of vendor and manufacturer products and services, business insurance solutions, website development and online marketing, online education, government lobbying. -VGM specializes in everything a business needs to succeed in today's marketplace.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800 employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, Ga.; Overland Park, Kan.; Dade City, Fla.; Coralville, Iowa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada). The VGM Group has been recognized multiple times as a Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register; most recently VGM was awarded Iowa’s #1 Large Employer Workplace for 2015.
To learn more visit www.vgmgroup.com/about-us.