Graphic Design Intern
As an intern with VGM Marketing, you will work with VGM’s in-house marketing and creative agency. Our niche market is health care however we have customers in industries such as golf, restaurant, finance and insurance. You will be afforded the opportunity to work closely with a team of designers, writers, photographers/videographers, marketing account managers, creative director and vice president of marketing.
Must be able to provide a portfolio or collection of work samples, preferably indicating your role on each project. This position is a paid internship.
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Hours: Full Time
The work is fast-paced and deadline focused. You will be challenged to work as part of a team and autonomously on a variety of projects.
Internship Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities:
- Assisting graphic designers, creative director, VP of marketing, account executives and copywriters with production and design of materials including but not limited to brochures, posters, promotional materials, business cards, event signage, fliers, internal communications, etc.
- Help with project-related tasks such as copying, photography, printing, bindery and editing/updating design files
- Additional duties as assigned
- Communicates well, both in written and verbal form.
- Proficient user of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Highly organized individual who is a quick learner and a multi-tasker
- A team player up for a challenge and a great learning experience in a fast-paced environment
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently. The VGM Group, is within the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa and has a company culture like no other.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 90 percent of our more than 800 employee owners are based. Other offices are in Atlanta, Ga.; Overland Park, Kan.; Dade City, Fla.; Coralville, Iowa; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Toronto, Ontario (Canada). The VGM Group has been recognized multiple times as a Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register; most recently VGM was awarded Iowa’s #1 Large Employer Workplace for 2015.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate.